Isobar is looking for a Senior Product Manager to join our Product & Ventures arm - a highly collaborative, cross-functional team who live for digital products and innovation. The team designs and develops viable products for a range of clients, from start-ups to Enterprise, and have worked across a diverse range of sectors - from social connection start-ups to business tools helping businesses modernise.
We want a strong senior practitioner to help drive early exploration and product direction and ensure we are not only creating innovative, beautifully crafted products, but viable solutions. We are a team of ~20 working in a larger agency, where a self-motivated, entrepreneurial mindset will thrive as opportunities to experiment and try new things are welcomed. This role would be ideal for those looking for their next challenge, in an environment with a lot of personal development opportunities as we continue to grow in 2020.
What you’ll bring
- Deep knowledge and experience in design methodologies, innovation and business development.
- Good client and stakeholder management, facilitation and communication skills - experience in communicating clear rationale, guiding decision-making and keeping an eye on the end goal of the product throughout
- Enjoying working in small, flexible teams - at pace and delivering concrete outcomes
- Experience working on a digital product in its early phase, exploring product fit and concepts with solid HCD practise and experience in lean start-up methodology
- A broad skill-set and willingness to be flexible
- The ability to translate ideas from the early ambiguity of brainstorming and mock-ups to the clarity of clear direction for design and delivery
- 4-6 years experience in successful startup/s, or a product/innovation division within a larger organisation or agency. The more varied the background, the better
- Deep practical experience in strategic design within the context of product design, for example design research, driving the validation/prioritisation of these early stage value propositions and concepts and early-stage business modelling
- Demonstrate the driving of early stage product definition, e.g. through prototyping, roadmapping and storyboards
- Demonstrate supporting of design and delivery through the translation into user stories for agile development, and articulation of product vision
- Ideally a strong design background - there will be some crossover into UX, though this won’t be your centre of gravity
- You thrive on being in the middle of a cross-functional team, coordinating the roadmap and getting results
- Experience in lean startup methods, and ideally driving these practices
Behaviours you’ll bring to the team
- Resilient, self-determined – Finding ways to work through problems, and be solution-oriented and optimistic
- Inquisitive – A desire to learn and absorb as much as possible. Keen to adopt a beginner’s mindset and be led by insight
- Collaborative – Eager to work with others and use complementary skills to achieve outcomes together. Keen to share learnings and spread knowledge. Builds relationships easily
- Consultative – Someone who questions, listens and learns, not someone who prescribes, is didactic or dogmatic
- Action-oriented – demonstrate a skew towards action and ‘making’ with a desire for practical application of knowledge, rather than evangelising theory
- Comfort in ambiguity – the ability to be comfortable in uncertainty, work in rapidly evolving situations and forge a direction without clear instruction or prescription